Job Opportunity Details
Job Title: Associate Producer
Application Deadline: APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Term: July 4 to August 26, 2022
Salary: $16 / hour for 30 hours per week
Location: remote and on-site in Waterloo, ON
Positions: 1 – with specific criteria, see below.
MT Space is a multicultural theatre company based in the Waterloo Region. Our company was built off of the need to have more inclusive spaces for theatre, and we take time to learn from theatre practices around the world while immersing ourselves in rich cultural perspectives beyond the traditional theatre experience.
We are seeking youth to join our team through Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) (Employment and Social Development Canada).
Duties: The Associate Producer will work with the Company Manager and Artistic Director to assist with project coordination and management. This will include outreach to theatres and performing arts networks; communication with artists; writing contracts and schedules; and tour planning. The Associate Producer will also work with the Artistic Director and company partners to assist in the organization of the 22/23 Season.
Responsibilities may include:
- Communicating with and engaging artists as facilitators and mentors for summer programs and upcoming collaborations
- Assisting the Company Manager with the creation of contracts for all guest artists
- Overseeing outreach and recruiting of tech personnel, artistic associates, stage managers, and box office support
- Planning/facilitating auditions if needed, assisting with audition panel
- Assisting on the ground with errands, set-up/strike and other rehearsal logistics, including COVID protocols
- Attending rehearsals as needed in order to support facilitators and artistic process
- Scheduling rehearsals and booking rehearsal space; creating schedules for artistic team
- Assisting with the organization of archival files and production inventory
- Compile and keep organized, comprehensive databases of companies/partners/artists
- Working with project budgets so-as to ensure all confirmations are kept within parameters
- Other tasks as assigned
Job Requirements / Recommendations:
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Outlook an asset
- Organizational or producing skills from previous work an asset
- Experience working within the arts an asset
Note: This job will require internet access and a computer. MT Space is dedicated to ensuring this position is accessible to all candidates, so if you do not have the above, please reach out and let us know so that we may seek appropriate accommodation.
Eligibility – Canada Summer Jobs
This first Associate Producer position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
In order to be eligible for this position, applicants MUST:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
You do NOT have to be a student to apply.
MT Space is dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all applicants, but priority will be placed on candidates who are IBR (Indigenous, Black, Racialized) and/or newcomers/refugees.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.