Job Opportunity Details
Job Title: Archival Assistant
Application Deadline: APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Term: July 4 to August 26, 2022
Salary: $16 / hour for 30 hours per week
Location: On-site in Waterloo, ON
MT Space is a multicultural theatre company based in the Waterloo Region. Our company was built off of the need to have more inclusive spaces for theatre, and we take time to learn from theatre practices around the world while immersing ourselves in rich cultural perspectives beyond the traditional theatre experience.
We are seeking youth to join our team through Canada Summer Jobs in summer 2022.
Duties: The Archival Assistant will work with the Company Manager and Interim General Manager to create an inventory system for MT Space’s production equipment and artistic materials. The Archival Assistant will be required to be on-site to complete this work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Photographing all items in current inventory
- Assigning all items names/numbers to match photo directory
- Organizing/moving materials for best future access
- Researching and proposing best systems for tracking inventory and storing items going forward (including for ease of use/continual updating by staff)
- Compiling all data into new inventory system
- Digitizing hard copy press/media, including certificates, articles, photographs and developing filing system for digital archive
- Research locations/cost for physical archive/storage items
- Sourcing/scheduling volunteers to assist with project as needed
- Assisting with movement of inventory from current to new locations if required
- Other tasks as assigned
Job Requirements / Recommendations:
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Outlook an asset
- Experience with spreadsheets or inventory management tools
- Experience working within the arts an asset
Note: This job will require internet access and a computer. MT Space is dedicated to ensuring this position is accessible to all candidates, so if you do not have the above, please reach out and let us know so that we may seek appropriate accommodation.
Special note: A driver’s license is an asset for this position.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible for this position, applicants MUST:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
You do NOT have to be a student to apply.
MT Space is dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all applicants, but priority will be placed on candidates who are IBR (Indigenous, Black, Racialized) and/or newcomers/refugees.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com .
In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.