IMPACT International Theatre Festival
IMPACT (International Multicultural Platform for Alternative Contemporary Theatre), is a biennial celebration organized by MT Space in Ontario’s Waterloo Region. IMPACT is focused on Indigenous and culturally diverse work from Turtle Island and around the world, with special emphasis on interdisciplinary, intercultural, and physical productions. IMPACT presents some of the finest local, national, and international work. It provides a unique platform to engage, play, and rejuvenate with hundreds of artists and thousands of visitors from across Canada and beyond.
IMPACT 23 has Launched
IMPACT mode is GO!
The IMPACT 23 International Theatre Festival has officially launched.
The Launch Brochure is now available for download and Festival Pass, Conference Pass, and Tickets are now on sale.
Open Call for IMPACT Submissions (IMPACT25+)
Programming for submissions for IMPACT 2025 and future festivals is ongoing.
We are always open to submissions of productions interested in being presented at the biennial IMPACT festival – from international, national, and local artists, collectives, and companies.
If you know anything about MT Space, you know to keep in mind the following priorities:
- Projects by Indigenous, Black, Racialized, Newcomer, Immigrant, Refugee creators; artistic collaborations, collective creations, devised processes; interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, multilingual and physical theatre.
- This includes and is not limited to: Work that does not fit the form of traditional theatre productions, as well as narrative-driven dance works, experimental performance art, works-in-progress, readings, and pieces presented both in-person and online. Surprise us with something new or different.
Basically, we just want to know what you’re working on and how you’d like to share it with our community during IMPACT.
If wanting to apply please send:
- Technical Rider (list of material requirements you have and would bring with you, material needs you might want us to provide, how many people involved etc.) for your touring production or proposed project
- If possible, a link to an archival recording of your show.
- Introduce yourself in some way / or if we are old friends let us know what’s new since we last met – include some kind of brief overview or outline of why you, your company, and your project are a great fit for IMPACT, or to be presented by MT Space in general, if the opportunity arises.
Please send these to email@example.com.
We cannot respond to all requests – but we will do our best to respond to all applicants, those being considered for presentation will take priority.