Job Opportunity Details
Job Title: Production Assistant
Term: July 4 to August 26, 2023, with the possibility of extending until October 2
Salary: $16.50/ hour for 30 hours per week
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. You do NOT have to be a student to apply.
To be eligible for this position, applicants MUST:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Location: On-site in Waterloo, ON and remote
DEADLINE: Friday June 09 2023 (11:59pm)
MT Space is a multicultural theatre company based in the Waterloo Region. Our company was built off of the need to have more inclusive spaces for theatre, and we take time to learn from theatre practices around the world while immersing ourselves in rich cultural perspectives beyond the traditional theatre experience.
The Production Assistant will assist the Production Manager with the production planning of the IMPACT23 theatre festival. This position will rely heavily on mentorship and close communication between these two roles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Production Manager with scheduling technical crew for the festival
- Assisting the Production Manager with creating a festival production schedule
- Contacting each of the companies invited to the festival to collect technical riders, plans, lighting plots, etc.
- Contacting festival venues to collect technical specs, floor plans, etc. and distributing these to the visiting companies (COVID-19 permitted)
- Assisting the Production Manager with arranging rentals of production equipment for the festival
- Attending all production meetings and assisting the Production Manager by taking notes and following up on action items
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience with theatrical lighting and sound an asset
- Organizational or producing skills from previous work an asset
- Experience working within the arts an asset
- Valid G-class driver’s license an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Outlook an asset
Note: This job will require internet access and a computer. MT Space is dedicated to ensuring this position is accessible to all candidates, so if you do not have the above, please reach out and let us know so that we may seek appropriate accommodation.
MT Space is dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all applicants, but priority will be placed on candidates who are IBR (Indigenous, Black, Racialized) and/or newcomers/refugees.
If you have questions, please get in touch at the email below.
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
In the subject line, please write: “Production Assistant”