Job Opportunity Details
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Application Deadline: APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Term: July 4 to August 26, 2022
Salary: $16 / hour for 30 hours per week
Location: remote and on-site in Waterloo, ON
MT Space is a multicultural theatre company based in the Waterloo Region. Our company was built off of the need to have more inclusive spaces for theatre, and we take time to learn from theatre practices around the world while immersing ourselves in rich cultural perspectives beyond the traditional theatre experience.
We are seeking youth to join our team through Canada Summer Jobs in summer 2022.
Duties: The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Public Outreach and Development Coordinator and Website Manager to assist in developing, producing, distributing and archiving marketing and promotional materials. The Marketing Assistant will also help to implement public relations strategies with e-blasts and other forms of public engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Public Outreach and Development Coordinator and Website Manager to assist in creating and implementing a marketing and public relations plan and editorial calendar for the 2022/2023 season
- Researching, recommending, and implementing audience engagement and development strategies
- Updating and developing internal marketing resources (contact lists, press kits, distribution lists, etc.)
- Updating and maintaining website, and assisting with support of new website creation as requested by Website Manager;
- Creating content for e-newsletters, website updates, blog posts, etc.
- Updating free listings
- Assisting in the creation of marketing and promotional materials
- Communicating with printing companies to obtain competitive quotes
- Helping to build and maintain relations with media partners
- Overseeing the distribution of promotional materials
- Assisting with creation and distribution of e-newsletters
- Organizing festival presence at promotional booths including summer festivals, volunteer fairs, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
Job Requirements / Recommendations:
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Outlook an asset
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) and working with design software such as Canva
- Experience working within the arts an asset
Note: This job will require internet access and a computer. MT Space is dedicated to ensuring this position is accessible to all candidates, so if you do not have the above, please reach out and let us know so that we may seek appropriate accommodation.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible for this position, applicants MUST:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
You do NOT have to be a student to apply.
MT Space is dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all applicants, but priority will be placed on candidates who are IBR (Indigenous, Black, Racialized) and/or newcomers/refugees.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com .
In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.