Job Opportunity Details
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Application Deadline: APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Term: July 4 to August 26, 2022
Salary: $16 / hour for 30 hours per week
Location: remote and on-site in Waterloo, ON
MT Space is a multicultural theatre company based in the Waterloo Region. Our company was built off of the need to have more inclusive spaces for theatre, and we take time to learn from theatre practices around the world while immersing ourselves in rich cultural perspectives beyond the traditional theatre experience.
We are seeking youth to join our team through Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) (Employment and Social Development Canada) in summer 2022.
Duties: The Administrative Assistant will assist the Company Manager and Interim General Manager with the daily office and administrative needs of MT Space. They will also take the lead on the projects with regards to office organization and the re-structuring of current database information.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Company Manager in preparing bank deposits
- Updating daily cashflow information to ensure records are up-to-date
- Assisting in processing invoices to be paid, and preparing invoices to be sent out for outstanding payments
- Following up with vendors and contractors
- Researching new grant opportunities
- Creating and sending thank you cards to donors
- Updating sponsorship packages and management lists
- Creating receipts for all donations received
- Organizing the office space and keeping an ongoing inventory of supplies
- Updating contact database
- Attending meetings and providing meeting minutes and records both internally as well as with artistic partners
- Aiding the Company Manager in managing all general emails, responding to all inquiries in a timely manner
- Filing all records appropriately
- Management of calendars for the daily office requirements, as well as those of the Artistic Director and Company Manager
- Other tasks as assigned
Job Requirements / Recommendations:
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Outlook an asset
- Office organization skills from previous administrative work an asset
- Experience working within the arts an asset
Note: This job will require internet access and a computer. MT Space is dedicated to ensuring this position is accessible to all candidates, so if you do not have the above, please reach out and let us know so that we may seek appropriate accommodation.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. In order to be eligible for this position, applicants MUST:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
You do NOT have to be a student to apply.
MT Space is dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all applicants, but priority will be placed on candidates who are IBR (Indigenous, Black, Racialized) and/or newcomers/refugees.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.