Job Opportunity Details
Job Title: Associate Producer
Term: January 3, 2023 to December 31, 2023 with the possibility of renewal (6 months probationary period – to June 30 2023).
Salary: $20 / hour for 30 hours per week + benefits
Eligibility: This position is funded through the Ontario Trillium Foundation. Applicants must identify as IBR (Indigenous, Black and/or Racialized) in order to be eligible, as per the terms of this grant and objectives at MT Space.
Location: Remote and on-site in Kitchener & Waterloo, ON
DEADLINE: Sunday 27 November 2022 (11:59pm) CLOSED
MT Space is a multicultural theatre company based in the Waterloo Region. Our company was built off of the need to have more inclusive spaces for theatre, and we take time to learn from theatre practices around the world while immersing ourselves in rich cultural perspectives beyond the traditional theatre experience.
Position: This is a mentorship-focused junior position and will work alongside the Company Manager, Artistic Director and IMPACT Festival Producer.
Duties: The Associate Producer will assist with project coordination and management of MT Space programs and productions. This will include tasks such as: outreach to theatres and performing arts networks; communication with artists; writing contracts and schedules; and tour planning. The Associate Producer will also work with the Artistic Director and company partners to assist in the organization of the 22/23 and 23/24 Seasons. They will also be crucial in supporting the IMPACT 23 Festival, which will take place at the end of September.
Responsibilities may include:
- Communicating with and engaging artists as facilitators and mentors for summer programs and upcoming collaborations
- Assisting the Company Manager with the creation of contracts for all guest artists
- Collaborating with IMPACT Festival Producer to oversee logistics and community partnerships for IMPACT 23
- Overseeing outreach and recruiting of tech personnel, artistic associates, stage managers, volunteers and box office support
- Planning/facilitating auditions if needed, assisting with audition panel when appropriate
- Assisting on the ground with errands, set-up/strike and other production logistics, including COVID protocols
- Attending rehearsals as needed in order to support facilitators and artistic process
- Scheduling rehearsals and booking rehearsal space; creating schedules for artistic team
- Assisting with the organization of archival files and production inventory
- Compile and keep organized, comprehensive databases of companies/partners/artists
- Working with project budgets so-as to ensure all confirmations are kept within parameters
- Other tasks as assigned
Experience working with Microsoft Office and Outlook an asset
Organizational or producing skills from previous work with theatres and festivals an asset
Experience working within the arts an asset
Alignment with MT Space values and commitment to anti-racist and anti-oppression efforts
Note: This job will require internet access and a computer when working remotely. MT Space is dedicated to ensuring this position is accessible to all candidates, so if you do not have the above, please reach out and let us know so that we may seek appropriate accommodation.
Applicants must identify as IBR (Indigenous, Black and/or Racialized) in order to be eligible, as per the terms of this grant and objectives at MT Space.
If you have questions, please get in touch at the email below.
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com .
In the subject line, please write: “Associate Producer Application”