Application Deadline: June 17, 2019
Duration: July 1 – September 1, 2019 (contract position – with the possibility of extension until the end of September)
Salary: $15/hr x 35 hours/week
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. In order to be eligible for this position, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Who we are
Since 2004 MT Space has been fulfilling its mandate by creating, producing, touring and presenting artistic work that reflects Canada’s cultural diversity. MT Space has maintained a commitment to working with artists from Indigenous, immigrant, refugee and other marginalized and racialized communities.
Over the years, MT Space has grown from being a company that produces one show every year to an organization that brings culturally and socially relevant work from across the country and around the world to our community of Waterloo Region. We have challenged the preconceptions of theatre to create, produce, and present work that is accessible and affordable to low income families while creating a space for Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, and marginalized voices to be heard.
MT Space challenges the definition of theatre to include all disciplines such as dance, music, multimedia, and circus performing arts. As such, MT Space is becoming a presenter of artists and arts organizations across many disciplines.
Since 2009, MT Space has been producing the IMPACT Festival, an international festival of contemporary theatre. Our 6th biennial festival, IMPACT 19, will run from September 24th to 29th, and will include 23 mainstage productions from international, national, and local artists; a 3-day industry conference; late-night entertainment; a mini-festival of street theatre and other outdoor performances; and more!
About the Position
The Logistics Assistant will work with the IMPACT19 Logistics Manager and Festival Producer to assist with all logistics and production planning for the festival.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in all logistics planning for the festival including special events, hospitality coordination, production planning and coordinating travel and accommodation for guests
- Representing the Producer and Festival at pre-Festival meetings and events
- Assisting with volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Liaising with artists and guests participating in the Festival and conference
- Taking on duties associated with logistics and festival production as determined by the Festival Producer
- Helping to implement various sales strategies and fundraising initiatives, including promotion at local events and festivals
- Assisting with Front of House and box office coordination including creating and updating Ticketscene listings, reserving tickets, and communicating with patrons
- Attending weekly staff meetings
- Communicating with hotels, restaurants, venues and transportation providers to help organize logistics
- Sharing basic reception duties
- Other tasks as assigned
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed while working in a team environment.
- Familiarity and interest in contemporary theatre and/or the not-for-profit arts sector is an asset.
- Administrative experience is an asset
- Previous work experience with project management is an asset
- Understanding of cultural pluralism and equity is an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 17, 2019.
We thank everyone who applied but only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted. No phone call or walk-in inquiries please.
MT Space welcomes and encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.