This is a part-time contract positionFee: $2,500
Who we are
Since 2004 MT Space has been fulfilling its mandate by creating, producing, touring and presenting artistic work that reflects Canada’s cultural diversity. MT Space has maintained a commitment to working with artists from Indigenous, immigrant, refugee and other marginalized and racialized communities.
Over the years, MT Space has grown from being a company that produces one show each year to an organization that brings culturally and socially relevant work from across the country and around the world to our community of Waterloo Region. We have challenged the preconceptions of theatre to create, produce, and present work that is accessible and affordable to low-income families while creating a space for Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, and marginalized voices to be heard.
MT Space challenges the definition of theatre to include all disciplines such as dance, music, multimedia, and circus performing arts. As such, MT Space is becoming a presenter of artists and arts organizations across many disciplines.IMPACT Festival
Since 2009, MT Space has been producing the IMPACT Festival, an international festival of contemporary theatre. Our 6th biennial festival, IMPACT 19, will run from September 24th to 29th, and will include 60+ mainstage shows from international, national, and local artists; a 3-day industry conference; late-night entertainment; and more!About the Position
The Box Office Coordinator will work with the IMPACT19 Logistics Manager and Festival Producer to take care of all aspects of Box Office, Front of House and customer service coordination for the festival. The position will report to the Festival Producer.
Leading up to Festival:
- Creating and maintaining systems to track ticket sales, providing regular sales updates as requested;
- Liaising with staff from various partnering venues;
- Working with the festival producer and the logistics manager to train, supervise and recruit Front of House staff/volunteers;
- Communicating with pass holders and patrons;
- Maintaining the online ticketing system, updating event information and creating discount codes;
- Creating and implement box office policies and procedures.
During the IMPACT Festival:
- Ensuring that box office materials (Front of House Kits, cash boxes, tickets, and floats) are assembled and delivered to the correct locations in a timely manner;
- Liaising with Front of House managers, or in venues without Front of House, act as the Front of House manager;
- Providing excellent Box Office customer service while facilitating ticket purchases, pick-ups, and advance sales;
- Responding to ticket inquiries in a professional, inclusive and friendly manner.
After the IMPACT Festival:
- Submitting a final report consisting of a complete financial report outlining ticket sales and statistics, customer feedback and documentation that will benefit the IMPACT Festival in the future.
- Previous experience working in box office/ticketing
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong understanding of cultural pluralism and equity
- Ability to be self-motivated while working in a team environment
- Familiarity and interest in contemporary theatre is an asset
- Administrative Experience is an asset
- Previous work experience with volunteer coordination is an asset
- Leadership experience is an asset
- Drivers License and access to a vehicle is an asset
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 15, 2019 midnight.
We thank everyone who applied but only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted. No phone call or walk-in inquiries, please.
MT Space welcomes and encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.