IMPACT 21 – Venues & Maps
City Hall – William St Parking Lot | (FILM-W)
Shows: International films – Fuego Rojo, Mobs, The Weekend
Closest Intersection is Regina St S and William St E in Waterloo, across William from Waterloo City Hall at 100 Regina St South
Victoria Park Main Tent, Kitchener | (PARK-K)
Shows: A Seat at the Table, Black Flags, Omi Mouna, Trace
Closest Intersection is Jubilee Drive and David Street / Across Jubilee Drive from Victoria Park Lake, the main tent will be towards the parking lot off of Jubilee – near the public washrooms, in the same field as the Kitchener Clock Tower.
Kitchener Gaol Yard | (GAOL-K)
Shows: I Don’t Know, NAC ‘FREE REIN’ Dance Residency, Stretch Marks
Closest Intersections are Queen St N / Frederick St and Weber St E Access from both Queen and Frederick
Schneider Haus, Kitchener | (HAUS-K)
Show: The Bell (IN-PERSON ONLY!)
466 Queen St S, Kitchener
Vogelsang Green, Kitchener | (VOGEL-K)
Show: Asphalt Jungle Shorts – Starting point (IN-PERSON ONLY!)
Green Space at Intersection of Queen St N and Duke St E
SPECIAL NOTE: Asphalt Jungle Shorts, a collection of short plays, involves walking from play to play and standing while the shows play out in the concrete jungle of downtown Kitchener – wear appropriate footwear and gauge your own level of comfort and fitness for this show. Approx. 45 mins runtime.
Kitchener Market Piazza | (BAR-K)
‘FACE to FACE’ Festival Bar
300 King St E, Kitchener
Shows: DiSCoVeR, #HowDoWeBeginAgain Conference, This is Not a Conversation, The Last Poet
SPECIAL NOTE Most in-person venues are outdoors, with some open air for the audience (except Victoria Park) – Please dress accordingly, and abide by weather advisories and public health guidelines.
Distance between IMPACT venues on foot
|Distance (Time)||Schneider Haus||Victoria Park||Kitchener Market||Gaol Yard||Vogelsang Green|
|Victoria Park||450m (6min)|
|Kitchener Market||1.2km (15min)||1.3km (16min)|
|Gaol Yard||1.2km (15min)||1.2km (15min)||600m (8min)|
|Vogelsang Green||1km (14min)||900m (12min)||600m (8min)||250m (3min)|
|William St Lot||3.5km (45min)||3.3km (41min)||3.7km (47min)||3.2km (41min)||3.2km (41min)|
**All distances and times are taken from Google Maps and may not reflect your walking speed
Light Rail Transit Information
|Schneider Haus||Queen||Frederick Station|
|Victoria Park||Victoria Park Station||Kitchener City Hall Station|
|Kitchener Market||Kitchener Market Station||Kitchener Market Station|
|Gaol Yard||Queen||Frederick Station|
|Vogelsang Green||Queen||Kitchener City Hall Station|
|William St Lot||Willis Way Station||Allen|
- “Northbound” means travelling from Cambridge towards Waterloo
- “Southbound” means travelling from Waterloo towards Cambridge
- LRT frequency: every 10-30min depending on time of day
- See grt.ca or @grt_row on Twitter for travel alerts related to the LRT and local bus routes, as well as for LRT arrival times
- Fare: $3.25
- Paying with Cash or Credit: To pay for a single trip, you can purchase a ticket/transfer from the fare vending machine located at the station.
- A ticket/transfer is good for unlimited rides on the train and buses within 90 minutes from the time it was issued. Scan it on the fare vending machine or the platform card reader before boarding.
- If you plan to ride several times, you can purchase a reloadable EasyGO fare card or a multi-ride card from the fare vending machine.