Application Deadline: Until positions filled
Term: September 21-29, 2019,
This is a short-term contract position (40 hours max.)
Hourly Pay: $15
Positions Available: 6
Who we are
Since 2004 MT Space has been fulfilling its mandate by creating, producing, touring and presenting artistic work that reflects Canada’s cultural diversity. MT Space has maintained a commitment to working with artists from Indigenous, immigrant, refugee and other marginalized and racialized communities.
Over the years, MT Space has grown from being a company that produces one show each year to an organization that brings culturally and socially relevant work from across the country and around the world to our community of Waterloo Region. We have challenged the preconceptions of theatre to create, produce, and present work that is accessible and affordable to low-income families while creating a space for Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, and marginalized voices to be heard.
MT Space challenges the definition of theatre to include all disciplines such as dance, music, multimedia, and circus performing arts. As such, MT Space is becoming a presenter of artists and arts organizations across many disciplines.
Since 2009, MT Space has been producing the IMPACT Festival, an international festival of contemporary theatre. Our 6th biennial festival, IMPACT 19, will run from September 24th to 29th, and will include 60+ mainstage shows from international, national, and local artists; a 3-day industry conference; late-night entertainment; and more!
About the Position
The Front of House & Box Office Staff will work with the IMPACT19 Front of House & Box Office Manager to assist with the Box Office, Front of House and customer service for the festival. The position will report to the IMPACT19 Front of House & Box Office Manager.
- Providing excellent Box Office customer service while facilitating ticket purchases, pick-ups and advance sales;
- Providing excellent Front of House service, including the implementation of emergency procedures when necessary;
- Supporting Front of House volunteers in their duties and act as point of contact when needed;
- Responding to ticket inquiries in a professional, inclusive and friendly manner;
- Ensuring that box office materials (Front of House Kits, cash boxes, tickets and floats) are set up in a timely manner;
- Assisting Front of House & Box Office Manager with sales summary after each performance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Strong team-working skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good numeracy skills
- Previous experience working in box office/ticketing
- Understanding of cultural pluralism and equity
- Familiarity and interest in contemporary theatre is an asset
- Access to a smartphone is an asset
- Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank everyone who applied but only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted. No phone call or walk-in inquiries, please.
MT Space welcomes and encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.