Application Deadline: June 17, 2019
Duration: July 1 – September 1, 2019 (contract position – with the possibility of extension until the end of September)
Salary: $15/hr x 35 hours/week
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. In order to be eligible for this position, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Who we are
Since 2004 MT Space has been fulfilling its mandate by creating, producing, touring and presenting artistic work that reflects Canada’s cultural diversity. MT Space has maintained a commitment to working with artists from Indigenous, immigrant, refugee and other marginalized and racialized communities.
Over the years, MT Space has grown from being a company that produces one show every year to an organization that brings culturally and socially relevant work from across the country and around the world to our community of Waterloo Region. We have challenged the preconceptions of theatre to create, produce, and present work that is accessible and affordable to low income families while creating a space for Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, and marginalized voices to be heard.
MT Space challenges the definition of theatre to include all disciplines such as dance, music, multimedia, and circus performing arts. As such, MT Space is becoming a presenter of artists and arts organizations across many disciplines.
Since 2009, MT Space has been producing the IMPACT Festival, an international festival of contemporary theatre. Our 6th biennial festival, IMPACT 19, will run from September 24th to 29th, and will include 23 mainstage productions from international, national, and local artists; a 3-day industry conference; late-night entertainment; a mini-festival of street theatre and other outdoor performances; and more!
About the Position
The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Marketing Coordinator to assist in developing, producing, distributing and archiving marketing and promotional materials. The Marketing Assistant will also help to implement public relations strategies using e-blasts and other forms of public engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Marketing Coordinator to assist in creating and implementing a marketing and public relations plan and editorial calendar for the IMPACT 19 festival and 2019/2020 season
- Researching, recommending, and implementing audience engagement and development strategies
- Updating and developing internal marketing resources (contact lists, press kits, distribution lists, etc.)
- Updating and maintaining website
- Creating content for e-newsletters, website updates, blog posts, etc.
- Updating free listings
- Assisting in the creation of marketing and promotional materials, including quote research
- Assisting in coordinating marketing volunteers
- Helping to build and maintain relations with media partners
- Overseeing the distribution of promotional materials
- Organizing festival presence at promotional booths including summer festivals, volunteer fairs, etc
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed while working in a team environment.
- Familiarity and interest in contemporary theatre and/or the not-for-profit arts sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of graphics programs is an asset
- Previous work experience in marketing is an asset
- Understanding of cultural pluralism and equity is an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2019.
We thank everyone who applied but only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted. No phone call or walk-in inquiries please.
MT Space welcomes and encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.