- impact 17
- Upcoming Productions
- Theatre for Social Change
- We Are CULTURE
- MT Space presents
- Workshops & Classes
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Support Us
OAC Theatre Creators' Reserve 2016-17
Call for Submissions
2016 OAC Theatre Creators' Reserve
The Theatre Creators' Reserve program supports theatre creators in creating new work. It assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, and informal collectives of creators, by funding them to create work.
MT Space is delighted to be a recommender for the Ontario Arts Council's Theatre Creators' Reserve Program 2016 – 2017.
MT Space invites playwrights and theatre creators from all cultural backgrounds to bring their work forward! We will recommend grants to selected projects.
Friday, DECEMBER 9, 2016
For detailed program information, eligibility criteria and application forms, as well as information about other recommending theatres, please visit the OAC's website.
Range from a minimum of $1000 to a maximum of $5000
Guidelines & Recommendations
We create through collaboration at MT Space so we encourage collectives / projects that will be developed by collectives to apply for this grant. Creators who are working on non-script based physical forms are strongly encouraged to apply.
A successful application will include:
- A Project Description / The Idea or Project and Project History
- A Project Outline / What you plan to do if you receive a grant
- Requested Amount & Justification / Budget if it makes sense (i.e. hiring a collective / part of larger project)
- Biographical Material or CVs / Background of the Artist(s) applying
Support Material / Suggested material to accompany the application
- Writing Sample / (if applicable) Either of project in progress or past work
- Video of an artist or collective's past work
- Visuals Sketches, photographs, and other multimedia art associated with the artists' previous work or proposed project
- Letters of recommendation from professors or directors who have worked with the artist(s) or are familiar with their work
- A Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (if you wish any of your support material to be returned)
Peer Jury Process
Grants will be decided by a jury of theatre professionals. We would like to provide grants that:
- Make a meaningful difference in a project's process
- Put a delayed or deviated project back on track for completion
- Trigger brand new ideas / projects / collaborations
- Support the greatest number of artists doing the highest quality of work
- Have the greatest chance to aid in creatively satisfying completion of the proposed project
We invite individual theatre artists and collectives from across Ontario to submit their applications postmarked ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2016 at 5:00 PM to:
MT Space, The Courtyard at Bonnie Stuart
141 Whitney Place, Suite 103
Please Note: Priority will be given to artists and collectives who are operating in underserved communities, ie. those outside of the City of Toronto.
DUE TO SUPPORT MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS,
E-MAIL SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
If you have any questions regarding MT Space or the Theatre Creators' Reserve application process, please contact: email@example.com
OAC TCR Application Guidelines / print